Gadding about

Hubby and I went to Schimmel's last weekend. Yum! It's an upscale restaurant in the heart of downtown Jackson. They have a great prix-fixe dinner on the menu right now - appetizer, entree, and dessert for about $30. I had the lobster bisque, the fish, and the cheesecake. And Shiraz. De-lish.

While we were there, I ran into a former college professor of mine. He'd just returned from an archaeological dig in Mexico. He and his students are unearthing all kinds of fascinating things down there. To learn more about him and his work, you can visit him online.

I'm reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius right now. Some of the early chapters hit a little too close to home, with the kids taking care of their sick mother. I'm not quite half way through it yet. I'm finding parts of it really good, and parts of it way too tongue-in-cheek and self-aware for my tastes. Who knows what I'll think by the end of it, though. After that, I'm toying with the idea of picking up I Am Charlotte Simmons.

Hubby and I are in the process of asking for time off for our Southwest vacation. We are thinking early October. I've always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. I think that it's one of those iconic American monuments that should not be missed. I wonder if I'll have the fortitude for a mule ride . . . ?

Comments