The Streak

Over the past couple of months, I've picked my running back up. I go really early in the morning, because it's the only time the temps aren't sky high. Even so, it's pretty muggy out some days.

I remain insanely jealous of the male runners, who can throw on just a teeny pair of shorts and jog along to their heart's content. We women have to wear sports bras, and they literally go over the HOTTEST part of your body, where all the blood flow is concentrated.

I mentioned to hubs the other day that it wasn't fair how guys could run around in almost nothing and enjoy the cool breeze, while women had to layer up just so they wouldn't get locked in jail.

He asked me if I'd like to run topless.

I told him that it wouldn't really be practical for women to run without sports bras, because they are functional athletic clothing.

There was a pause.

Then, like a bolt of lightning, it hit me. Women should be allowed to run bottomless.

That way, everyone's dangly parts are secured, and everyone gets to enjoy the morning breeze. Now THAT would be equality.

Comments