Christmas!

Beautiful light patterns . . . 
Once Thanksgiving is over, it's officially Christmas season at the Bradshaw house. Hubs, Clay and I decorated our little nest with all kinds of garland, lights and ornaments.

I finally caved and bought two items from Gardener's Supply that I pinned last year: an adorable felted wool mistletoe (I loved catching my boys underneath it during the holiday season!) and a gorgeous clear star prism, which we placed in a sunny kitchen window for maximum rainbow cast. These were both great, inexpensive purchases, and I got a lot out of both of them. (We'd spin the prism around in front of the window, and little man would play at catching rainbows! So fun!)

As has become my custom, I made a glorious 9-pound rib roast for our holiday feast, which we enjoyed in my sister's newly decorated den and dining room. (She's re-done the space in cool aqua. Gorgeous!) We also brought a rosemary wreath studded with fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes, and a variety of olives as an appetizer. So easy, festive and healthy!

For the first time this year, we got Christmas crackers, and they were like their own little party game! I had tons of them, and we loved opening them all, sporting our paper crowns, and checking out the favors (and
Feeling the Christmas!!
cheesy jokes) inside. Ryan also got Grace a couple of boxes of Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans as part of a Harry Potter gift set. We tried all the flavors - dirt, earwax (actually not that bad), vomit. I think both of these activities should become Christmas traditions, because they were a HOOT!

Our Christmas goings-on also included a trip out to Winners' Circle Park to admire their always-gorgeous holiday light display and a few turns around the rink (and a few adrenaline-soaked trips down the slide) at Christmas on Ice in Madison! Woo hoo!

During Christmas break, we also threw a reveal shower for my sweet little sister, Grace, at the Mississippi Children's Museum. We chose this venue because most of the shower attendees have older children, who
A night on the ice
ran wild in the play areas (with hubbies) while we enjoyed a quick little party.

And I'm thrilled to announce that my sister will welcome (drum roll, please) a BABY BOY in the spring! I am completely stoked and can't wait!!

Last weekend, we finished up with a Christmas celebration at my sweet in-laws' house! It was extra special, with the whole family there. We met for brunch in the morning (homemade biscuits!), lazed around all day, playing games and watching movies, and then finished up with a big, gorgeous dinner.

My in-laws also took this opportunity to make an announcement. They are planning a move to Vancouver, Canada! They will be planting a new church there. I am sick to see them go, but I am excited about this adventure for them. I admire their courage, and I told them I couldn't wait to VISIT! I've never been to Vancouver, and I know nothing about it, but I'm POSITIVE I will LOVE it!

Comments