A Weekend in Magical Orlando (cont.)

Pasta at Vivo Italian Kitchen! 
I spent the next day in my conference sessions, learning, networking, and typing tons of notes. That night, however, after our sessions were over, I had other plans. I took a quick Uber to Universal CityWalk. And, boy, was it crowded! After going through security and navigating the sea of humanity surging through the shopping, dining, and entertainment district, I found what I was looking for - Vivo Italian Kitchen. I was seated quickly and settled in for squid ink seafood pasta and a big glass of red. Delicious! This meal totally hit the spot. It was filling, tasty, and at a very reasonable price point.

By this time, the crowd outside had thinned. (Thank God.) I ventured out and explored CityWalk a bit, snapping pics and fondly remembering our fall vacation here. Then, it was off to Blue Man Group. I had tickets for the poncho zone, and I wasn't going to miss a minute of it! I hadn't seen Blue Man Group live since my first trip to Las Vegas, about seven years ago! I scooted up to the will call desk, claimed my ticket, and headed in. In the front rows, plastic ponchos are draped over each seat. I happily donned mine (It was a bit of a struggle. Now I know how George Bush felt at the Trump inauguration.) and settled into my seat.
The blue men are so sweet! They stay in the
lobby after the show and take pics with fans!

The show cranked up, and the concept was just as fun as I remember. Three blue men played the drums, made art, and interacted with technology in a show that was surprising, disconcerting, funny, and human. There was a lot of audience interaction, which kept the crowd's interest high. Wonderful!

When the show was over, I took a cab back to the resort and settled in to bed.

The next day was another bonanza of professional development. That evening, the conference had partnered with Disney to host a networking event for us on the "beach" outside. It was so fun! Tables and chairs were set up in the sand, the food and drink were both terrific, we had a DJ, and Disney characters like Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Captain Hook, and Smee joined us for photos! What fun! Nobody does events like Disney, and we all felt special!

After it was over, I headed back to my little bridge for the fireworks, then sank gratefully into bed. We had half a day of coursework the third day, then myself and another conference attendee walked the boardwalk one last time, picking up slices of pizza for lunch and making a last round through the shops for souvenirs.


Disney sure knows how to paaaarrrrty!!


Then, it was pack, airport, home! Hopefully, the next time I visit Orlando, I can bring my little tribe with me. It's been four years since we went to Disney, and I KNOW there are oodles of rides that Clay wasn't tall enough to enjoy then that he'd love now. Can't wait to return!

Comments