Be Wonderful

In a world where you can be anything, be wonderful! 


Oh, friends. I LOVED the 2017 Wonder Woman movie. It was the superhero movie that so many of us had been waiting for, and for such a long time. After I saw it, I let everyone know of my devotion. Cue three solid years of folks gifting me WW shirts, keychains, mugs, purses, wall art, etc. I've reveled in it.

So you can imagine my excitement about the 2020 sequel - Wonder Woman 1984. However, the pandemic had other plans. First, the movie was to be released in June 2020. It was delayed. Then, a new release date was set for October 2020. But the pandemic still raged. At last, Warner Brothers decided to release it in theaters and for streaming on HBO Max on Christmas Day. 

Now, I have HBO Max. And I haven't darkened the door of a movie theatre since the beginning of the pandemic. But there are some movies that really must be seen on the big screen. I decided I NEEDED to see Diana large and in charge. 

But how? 

Large and in charge in our own private auditorium!


Well, Mark Zuckerberg must have been eavesdropping on my conversations, because Facebook started serving me ads about Cinemark private watch parties. You basically pay a flat up-front fee to reserve an entire auditorium showing the movie you select for your group. It's less expensive than you might think (I spent about the same amount just buying regular old movie tickets for our Downton Abbey group last year.), you book it via their website, and you have the whole viewing room to yourself. 

A few clicks later, and I'd reserved an auditorium for us on Dec. 26, a mere day after the film opened. You can invite up to 20 people to your private watch party, but in the name of safety, we kept it at 10. I sent a couple of emails to my chosen superheroes, and we had a guest list in no time! (A race for Wonder Woman apparel and accessories ensued.) 

That's how, just after Christmas, our little Wonder-Woman bedecked group convened at the theatre, munched popcorn, and (for most of us) saw the first movie at a theatre that we'd seen all year. The effects were great, we loved the chemistry between Gadot and Pine, and it was truly wonderful to be back at the movies! 

I will absolutely do it again. Happy viewing! 


The accessory game was on point. 




Comments