And it's . . . Christmas?

This week, sis and I went to Miseltoe Marketplace at the Trade Mart in Jackson. For those of you not familiar with the Jackson area, Miseltoe Marketplace is this huge shopping extravagana, which is put on by the Jackson Junior League and features merchants from all over the south. The buy-fest takes place once a year, and the proceeds benefit a charity of the Junior League's selection. They had TONS of great booths. I loved the purses and shoes that I saw there - artful little jeweled bags with matching mules, embroidered silk bags with handles featuring wood inlay, some really carefully-made pieces. I bought a couple of bags and a delicious-smelling garland made of oranges, bay leaves, and cinnamon. (It smells just like Christmas!) We dined at Bravo! before heading over to the market on Friday night; it was a great girls' night out.

These past few weekends, I've been getting my hands dirty. So far, I've planted tons of azaleas, hostas, gardenias, and camellias. Yesterday, I divided irises (is that the right plural?) at Mom's and then re-planted the extras at my house. (I think I ended up with about 50, and I didn't even put a dent in what she has! They multiply like rabbits!) I also put about 30 star-gazer lilies in the ground. Ever since college, it has been one of my favorite flowers. BUT I've never tried to grow it. Pray with me that I don't commit floricide.

Oooh - today I'm going to see a one-woman show at New Stage - Erma Bombeck - which is written by & starring Shirley Simpson. (I know she's on the New Stage board of directors, and she's a performer as well. Unfortunately, I've never seen her on stage. This is my chance!) I'm really looking forward to that, and afterwards, I'm going to try and get together with one of my old friends who is in town from New York. Yeesh! I'm a busy lady these days!

Comments