The holidays are here!!

We spent the days after Thanksgiving Christmasing up our little world! We got a new tree this year (don't freak; we're donating our old one), and we put it up and decorated it. It looks so pretty! It's all red and gold and twinkly lights.

We also decorated the mantel and the top of the piano. (Clay is completely in love with the advent calendar that looks like a little house. I keep having to take it down so we can open and close all the little doors. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be putting any candy in there this year.) We finished up by hanging the wreath on our front door and officially putting the back yard garden to bed for the winter. (Pruning, raking, putting up the hammock and the patio umbrella, etc. I even planted some daffodil bulbs to line one of the beds we've got out there. We love the bed edged in iris, so we thought we'd continue the trend.)

Booger and I also went to Wal-Mart and bought alot of toys for the "Toys for Tots" bin (as well as a whole bunch of Christmas books for ourselves). Then, we went to the grocery (I let him put some money in the Salvation Army bucket. So cute!) so we could get what we needed to make peppermint bark! Yum! (Incidentally, Clay is not a huge fan of the finished product, though he ate so many of the chocolate chips that I almost had to make a smaller batch of bark!) We managed to get all of our Christmas cards addressed, and we're planning our baking. (We make those little loaves of different breads for our neighbors and our family members.)

Any ideas for a new, different main course for Christmas dinner? We did standing rib roast last year, and it was a huge hit. I'm thinking of either trying a crown pork roast or a huge seafood-y something this year. (Kroger sells a 10-lb. box of crab legs that I've kinda got my eye on.) Thoughts?

Hubs and I are also in the middle of a home improvement tear, fixing up a broken screen from one of the windows, having the carpet cleaned and replacing the garbage disposal. (Sadly, I have a long history of killing garbage disposals.)

Throw in a pretty demanding project at work, and it all adds up to one busy winter for me! Let's hope I can stay sane. My trip to New Orleans this weekend to see The Color Purple should help. I'm hoping that between that and brunch at The Court of Two Sisters, I will be fortified for next week!

Fa la la!!

Comments