Winter wonderland

We woke up yesterday morning to a 4-inch blanet of snow! It snows rarely where we live, and we've gotten TWO snowfalls this year!

The only thing is, there are good things and bad things about the snow. The bad thing is that hubs and I work for a utility and a hospital, so we don't exactly get "snow days." Even when the weather is really bad (and, in my case, especially when it's bad), we are expected at work. And booger's daycare, like most daycares and schools in the area, shut down on Friday. Hubs and I handled it by each spending half the day at home with booger and spending the other half of the day at work.

Now the good thing - I stayed home in the morning, and during my hours at the house, Clay and I bundled up and played in the snow! He really loved it. We tried (without much success) to build a snowman, we walked all over the front and back yards, and we even checked out the yards of our neighbors, who were having snow ball fights, building their own snowmen, and just enjoying the unusual flakes falling from the sky.

We made a big pot of white chili for lunch, then when hubs arrived to switch off, out I went to work. All in all, it was a good day!

Comments