Eating good stuff.

I've eaten at two yummy places lately, and I thought I'd share.

As you may be aware, I used to love, LOVE Trio's. Well, when the economy turned sour, the guys that run it changed it from an upscale dining establishment into The Crab Shack. Now, I totally get why they did it, and The Crab Shack serves some mean po boys. But until I went there last week, I'd never tried one of their steamer buckets.

On a whim, hubs and I headed out there one recent night with booger and got the King Crab steamer bucket for two. (I think it was $30.) For another $5, we added a half pound of shrimp to the bucket. Oh my LORD. That stuff was sooooo good. First of all, they give you TONS of crab, plus the potatoes and corn, plus melted butter. They threw in the cocktail sauce because we added the shrimp to our order. The crab was cooked to perfection and much easier than you might think to extract from the shell. (They provide all the handy tools you need.) The potatoes and corn had a little bit of heat to them, and there was plenty of food to go around. It was veryvery yummy, and the meal reminded me very much of the steamer buckets we have at Gulf Coast Steamer in Alabama. If you haven't tried the steamer buckets at The Crab Shack, give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Today, I found myself in Madison around lunch time. I'd heard good things about Kristo's, the casual Greek place that's opened up on Hwy 51, so I thought I'd give it a try. We ordered the gyro, the pita mozz with ham, the falafel, the Greek salad, and a nice heap of sweet potato fries. We got the whole shebang for about $30, and we inhaled it. The Greek salad was especially good (get the Feta dressing), as was the gyro. (The meat in the gyro was super-tasty.) Don't miss the sweet potato fries, either. Yum!

Comments