Party on.

A little more than a week post-op, we had little man's birthday party. Every year since he's been born, I have pulled out all the stops and thrown a huge birthday party for him at home. Year 1: big election-year theme party. Year 2: a rootin' tootin' cowboy party. Year 3: the luau to end all luaus.

The only problem? By year 4, little people have their own ideas about what they want their party to be. I was gearing up for a huge backyard circus party with a pony, a clown, and a cotton candy machine, but Clay insisted on a party at Pump It Up. And, well, considering I was barely off the operating table, it ended up being a good idea. (Looking back on it, I have no idea how I would have been able to clean up after that pony.)

All in all, I probably spent about the same amount I would have on a blow-out home party, but 1.) I didn't have to clean up the house before the party, 2.) I didn't have to clean up the house after the party, 3.) I didn't have to decorate, and 4.) I didn't have to cook. Worked out pretty well.

Scenes from the day are below. What a little cutie!






Comments