She's got a ticket to ride . . .

It's official. I've sent the passports off to be renewed (and Brian has already gotten his back), and we bought the airline tickets shortly before we left for the beach. Hubs and I are going to Rome - ALONE - in the spring! Woo hoo!!

You may already know that before booger was born, hubs and I traveled to Europe a few times. Since little man came on the scene, I haven't felt comfortable being that far away from him. But by next spring, he'll almost be FIVE, so I think it's time for hubs and I to continue our treks overseas.

I've bought a few guidebooks, and so far, here's what I'm interested in seeing:
Colosseum
Roman Forum
Pantheon
National Museum of Rome
Borghese Gallery
Vatican Museum
St. Peter's Basilica
Capolitine Museum
Appian Way/Catacombs
Trevi Fountain
Baths of Diocletian
Cappuccin Crypt

Plus, maybe a day trip to Tivoli to see Hadrian's Villa OR maybe to Pompeii or Ostia Antica.

Still left to do: book an apartment, buy advance passes for top attractions, and learn a little Italian. Woo hoo! Rome, here we come!

Comments