Tremendous!

I got the chance to see the movie The Help a couple of weeks ago, and it was amazing. You may recall that I read the book this movie is based on a while back. Also, they filmed a few of the scenes here in Jackson, Miss., where the book/movie is set.

Even without all of that, though, I think I would have loved this movie. First of all, it was expertly cast. There wasn't a weak link in the ensemble. You may be aware of my love for Viola Davis. She doesn't disappoint here in her role as Aibileen Clark. Emma Stone, who plays Skeeter Phelan, is pitch perfect. Minny, played by Octavia Spencer, made me laugh and laugh. I could go on and on, but let's just say that each character is interesting, and leave it at that.

In addition, growing up in the Jackson area made watching this movie very special for me. I recognized some of the locations, some of the clothes, and many of the characters. And as a native Mississippian, I can tell you that the film is very true to Southern life in many ways.

Not only that, the story is engaging and uplifting. This one is a MUST-SEE!!!

Comments