Pool Princess

I got my friend Caron to teach me all of her
pool goddess secrets at the Jackson Yacht Club.

During a typical summer, I'm not much of a pool-goer. I'll go once or twice during the season (maybe more if I take a beach trip), but I'm usually busy during the weekends, which means I don't have many Saturdays to laze by the pool.


That's all changed this summer. I'm still trying to minimize my time in shops (especially for non-essential trips) and restaurants, so there's been a whole lot less mindless browsing and bubbly brunch. And I'm also traveling a heck of a lot less than usual - no business trips, and fewer vacations. So, all of this leaves time for more pool lounging. 

So far this summer, I've caught the sun at the Jackson Yacht Club and at the pool of our condo down in Gulfport. My across-the-street neighbor, Jim, also has a pool, and not only have I wrangled a few invites to that private oasis, Shawn and I convinced him to let us bring Shark Week swag over to celebrate our finned friends! 

I whipped up cupcakes and some savory appetizers, and Shawn brought a fruit centerpiece carved in the shape of a shark and a big pitcher of bloody marys. We gave each other temporary shark tattoos, floated a bit, and soaked up the sun. (Hey, you gotta find your risk-averse pandemic fun wherever you can, folks.) 

Miraculously, I haven't been to the (very nice) pool at my gym this summer, though it's been open. I may have to add one more pool to my list! 

Could I get used to having more pools and cupcakes in my life?
Yes. Yes, I could.


Comments