Back to the gym!

Ok, ok, so I didn't exercise much the week of Christmas and the following week. Other than doing active things like raking and bagging pinestraw, ice skating, and walking all over the French Quarter, I pretty much just ate good food and sat on my hoo-hah.

BUT I have been to the gym to work out four times this week (yay!), and I hope to get in my long run tomorrow. At the gym, I've really been trying to lift weights with the leg machines in addition to getting my miles in. I remember that the last time I was training for a run, that kind of strength conditioning helped me run farther, faster, and for longer periods of time without feeling fatigued.

Oh, I also got a pedometer. I could hardly believe that it was .25 miles just from my downtown parking lot to my office door. That means I walk at least a half a mile on work days. (And some days I walk a mile, because I have an appointment or I go out to lunch.) Anyway, I intend to use the pedometer to more accurately track how far I run/walk. I think it would be cool, too, to just wear it all day every once in a while, just to determine how many miles I walk in an average day. I guess I'm just curious.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Comments