A watched pot . . .

doesn't catch on fire. I just had to write about a new cookbook I've been working with alot lately - Barefoot in Paris. First of all, I really enjoy learning about cooking from Ina Garten. I bought The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook several years ago, and it has served me well. (We love the Indonesian Ginger Chicken, the guacamole, the oatmeal scones, and the homemade granola, among other recipes.) I also watch her show on the Food Network. I was unprepared, however, for how much I would love Barefoot in Paris. My husband and I took a trip to Paris a few years ago, our first trip overseas together. I LOVED the food, the people, everything about the city. This book has been a wonderful trip down memory lane for me. The brussel sprouts lardons are amazing. The chicken with croutons will make grown men beg. The beef bourguignon will not only fill you up, it will make you a better cook. (I must admit, I was worried when I set it on fire to burn the alcohol off. BUT everything went exactly as Ina said it would. And nothing blew up. I'm a culinary genius!!) If you are an avid cook, and you have not bought this cookbook, I encourage you to do so.

Comments