Fear. The great motivator.

Yikes! It's happened! I've been cast in a comedic musical review at New Stage Theatre. The show, I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, opens on September 12. I picked up the script and music last week, and it's going to be so much fun! The show is all about the relationship process - finding the right person, falling in love, getting married, nurturing love with one's spouse, growing old together, etc. I'm really looking forward to the rehearsal process, and I hope to be a more mindful artist now than I was during college.

Another thing this means: well, I quickly realized that I was 15 pounds lighter the last time I was on stage. Fear is a great motivator, and I am running scared! I logged 3 miles yesterday, and 6 miles today. I have until September 12 (opening night) to look like something. (Good lord! I'm too old for this!) However, this new-found dedication does have its rewards. I spent my 6 miler this morning with a fabulous group of ladies that meet at our local YMCA to run/walk on Saturday mornings. I really enjoyed the experience, and I met some great people. I think I'll make that jog a standing appointment on my calendar.

Comments