Making merry

Went out with Mel (oldest and dearest friend) to Pan Asia, one of my faves, this week. Cashew chicken, martinis, and lots of trash talk. God, I needed that!

When I go there, I usually have the Pan Asia Up, a fruity, girly martini made with pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and vanilla vodka. However, on this occasion, I had the chance to try the Pomegranate Punch (which was GREAT and very Christmasy; plus, pomegranate juice is supposed to be the new super food) and the Tiger Lily (better than I had remembered it). Service, as usual, was great.

Now, while Pan Asia is wonderful, many of you may remember that restaurant that used to occupy the same location - Brick Oven. I have a very nostalgic place in my heart for this restaurant, as the food was fabulous (Italian - YUM) and the atmosphere was warm.

Mel and I waxed nostalgic about their southwestern lasagna and their pasta with prosciutto and peas (a creamy, delicate dish that was worth driving many miles for) before digging into crab and avocado spring rolls.

In an effort to recapture, hubby and I went by Amerigo's for lunch today. But their Straw and Hay lunch dish (the closest thing approximating Brick Oven's heavenly prosciutto pasta) didn't quite match what I recall from Brick Oven. Oh, well. The search goes on . . . .

There could be worse things in life, I suppose!

Comments