Sophia's - DIVINE!

Had the chance last night to dine at Sophia's, the restaurant located in the Fairview Inn in downtown Jackson. In a word, FABULOUS!

The restaurant offers a pre-fixed menu of three courses for about $40 (not including wine). Though I ordered off the full menu, that would be a great option. The choices looked very good. I started with a Caesar salad (yum), followed by the smoked chicken penne (tossed with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and cheese). I ended with quite possibly one of the best key lime pie slices I have ever had the privilege to consume. Washed down with two glasses of wine and a cup of decaf coffee, I was in heaven. Add to that our wide-ranging conversation covering everything from presidential candidates to the merits of household appliances, and you've got a near-perfect evening.

Service was snappy, and the Fairview is BEAUTIFUL when decorated for Christmas. Prices are a little spendy, but totally worth it. Stop by if you haven't already!

Comments