Wet cats.

Ok. I have to own up to something. I am the kind of person who washes her cats. And not just the mitt-and-a-brush variety of washing. We're talking the fully-submerged-in-water, kitty-shampoo-in-a-bottle kind of cleansing here. And before the baby was born, I did this every two weeks. Yep, you heard that right. Twice a month, I wrestled those kitties into a tub, soaped them up, and then spent the better part of an hour drying and brushing them.

Needless to say, since the baby's been born, the only water they've seen has been in a tiny bowl next to their food. So it's been nearly 7 months now. But this week, I FINALLY got back on my game. Partly because they were looking pretty mangy, and partly because booger is now getting a bit more mobile, I realized that I had to clean up the kitties.

And since they'd been gloriously bath-free for months, they were REAL unprepared for the horrors that awaited them. I'm talking yowling. And wailing. And crazy pleading. They were all like, "Wait, I thought we were DONE with this!! Are you telling me that we are STILL going to have these torture sessions?! And the kid STAYS?! This is not what we signed up for!!"

At any rate, though, I got them clean. And they look gorgeous. Missy, my long-haired kitty, is especially soft and puffy again. (She was starting to look a little like a walking mop head.)

Order is restored. (Now, if I can just get someone to come remove the spit-up carrot, sweet potato, and squash from the carpet . . . . )

Comments

Webmaster said…
Too funny. Nicole, you're a braver woman than I! I bet your hands and arms are covered in the battle scars. LOL
Supermom said…
we bath our cats too. The yowling is hilarious. It is so pitiful like they are DYING...

well, I keep wording it plural...our cat Missy died last year so we only have one now.

She is so tangled right now. She has the most challenging hair days.
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Supermom - Ok that's weird. My long-haired kitty is named Missy.

Have you tried the Shed-Ender? I know I sound like an infomercial, but that thing is AMAZING. You can get them at Walgreen's.