Tangy and fresh

I finally made my way to Mint for lunch a week or so ago, and I was sorry I'd waited so long to visit! Mint is owned by the same group that owns/operates Julep in Highland Village. I'd say it's a slightly upscale version of Julep, with the same sensibilities but a bit more refined (and more expensive) menu. The restaurant is located in the new-ish Highland Colony Renaissance shopping mall.

A friend and I showed up on a Saturday afternoon, and we were pleasantly surprised to find brunch on the menu as well as standard lunch fare. I had the crab eggs benedict (served with asparagus) with a refreshing mimosa. Friend had a delicious plate of pork enchiladas (not too spicy, very generous serving). Then, we split the Chocolate Hammer (yummmmm). Service was prompt and friendly, and the food was wonderful.

Highly recommended!

OH, and if you haven't been to the Highland Colony mall lately, you are in for a real treat! A store called Charming Charlie has just opened up, and it's DIVINE!! They sell a HUGE variety of accessories - jewelry, shoes, bags, tops - and they are all organized by COLOR. Now, those of you who know me know what a nut I am about wearing bright colors. (I think I am the only person I know who has - and wears - a bright yellow blazer.) I went crazy in there. I got tons of jewelry, a bag or two, a pair of shoes, etc. And prices were sooooo reasonable that this generous dose of retail therapy did not wreck my budget. If you haven't checked it out yet, go soon! They've only been open for about six weeks!

Comments