More merriment!

We've been BUSY!

On a whim, I loaded booger up in the car over the weekend and headed to Bass Pro Shops. I'd never been there, but I heard they had a Santa (for pictures) and a whole Christmas activity area for kids. And the cost? FREE! Thought it would be worth a shot.

First of all, little man LOVED Bass Pro Shops. Just the store itself. He loved all of the (very still) animals, the fish tanks, the steps, the big fire in the fireplace up at the front, all of it. It took me a while, actually, to even coax him back to Santa's Wonderland. And even then, it was some quick playing with the remote control cars they had set up, and then back to hopping in and out of the one-man tent on display and pretending he was zooming through the mud on the child-sized four-wheelers. We stayed there, playing, for TWO HOURS, then had a quick lunch in the restaurant located inside the store before I had to carry him, SCREAMING, out of that place. I think I have a budding sportsman on my hands here.

Hubs and I also took him out to Winners Circle Park in Flowood this past week. We didn't go on a night Santa was there (primarily because Clay has shown absolutely no interest in sitting on Santa's lap, but also because I didn't think I could stand in line one more time to ride a kiddie train). Instead, we headed out just to see the lights. Clay loved this. He ran all around the park. He played some on the playground equipment. He said "Hello there, reindeer!" to every lit-up fake reindeer in the place.

Last night, I took him to a wonderful annual dinner hosted by some of our oldest and dearest friends. He got to play with his cousin and meet a new little addition to our group. We all drank Christmas punch (equal parts ginger ale, blush/rose, and sweetened cranberry juice) and caught up with one another. The food was delicious, the company was delightful, and we left at 9 p.m. when he started to get cranky.

TODAY, we've made an absolutely sinful butter rum cake and an army of gorgeous little cupcakes. All that's left is to put the very large crown pork roast into the oven and whip up a little cream to top dessert with. (And, well, I can't spike the cream with rum, can I? That's a bit much. Maybe I could add a bit of cocoa?) We'll head out to meet the fam around 5 p.m. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!

My heart is full. The very merriest of Christmases to you!!

Comments