Catching up.

Sooooo much has been going on lately that I have failed (miserably) to visit this space.

A quick recap of recent activities:

I don't think I ever mentioned that I had the opportunity to sing at New Stage's annual benefit performance at the Fairview Inn. They assigned me two songs from Wicked (a solo and a duet), and I got the chance to perform with some super-talented people. It was a fun night, and just the right amount of rehearsal commitment (small) for my crazy schedule. (Plus, dinner was DIVINE! The whole staff stayed late and served us our dinner in a private room once we finished performing. So sweet of them!)

I took Clay to a birthday party at Shiloh Water Park a couple of weekends ago. The place is still a huge hit! He actually enjoyed getting his face wet more this summer (must be all the time we've been spending at Grammy and Poppy's pool!), and he was fierce with the water cannon!

Last weekend, Clay and I went blueberry picking at Locust Grove Berry Farms. Ooooooh, how I loved it! We got there right at 7 a.m., when they open, and picked for about an hour. (Which ended up being perfect, because, believe it or not, it started to get warm at about 8 a.m.) We ended up with several cups of berries for about $4. We're making muffins tomorrow!

It's official - Hubs and I are going to ROME in the spring! We've sent off our passport renewal documents and booked our airline tickets! Hoooray! I've been dreaming of visiting Italy since before I got pregnant with Clay, but it's never been the right time. Guess what? It's the right time!! I cannot WAIT. I will spend the next several months poring over accommodations, attractions, etc. The planning and anticipation of a trip is definitely something I count among the pleasures of travel.

In the meantime, I'm taking a quick vacation to the beach with my entire family! We've rented a condo in Orange Beach, and the whole gang will be there! Should be fun!

Comments