Table 100

There's a new restaurant in town! Table 100 is located on Lakeland Drive in Flowood, right next to Lowe's. I've been there twice now, so I thought I'd weigh in.

On my first visit, I popped in for lunch one weekend. After settling myself at the bar, I ordered the macaroni and cheese gratin (small plate) and the farm to table vegetable plate. First - the macaroni and cheese. It comes out in a small iron skillet, which I think makes for a wonderful presentation. It's also quite a large portion, so I think it would make a great appetizer to share. Secondly, the dish has a nice, crunchy breadcrumb topping. (YUM!) The macaroni is flavored with Parmesan cheese and ham, which is a great combination. My only regret? I wanted MORE HAM. Bites with a piece of ham in them were perfectly seasoned, owing to the saltiness of the meat. Bites without a piece of ham, however, were undersalted to my taste. (Plus, I love ham. More ham equals more love.)

Then, my vegetable plate came. It featured a delicious, buttery ear of Silver Queen corn, a gorgeous cornbread muffin, a tender pile of creamy lady peas, a nice heap of mashed potatoes studded with sauteed onions, and a divine bowl of black eyed peas. Each vegetable was absolutely delicious. (Particularly the black-eyed peas. I'm not sure what they were cooked with, but they came in almost a light brown sauce that was rich and full of flavor.) I do have one small gripe, though. The vegetables on this plate rotate according to what's in season, available, looks good, etc. But the combination of vegetables that ended up on my plate were very starchy. Beans, corn, potatoes, and bread. I longed for something greener (green beans, perhaps?), or something just raw and fresh (a bit of sliced, dressed fresh tomato?) to balance the plate and provide color. Other than that, though, I had no problems with this dish. Each vegetable was delicious and expertly cooked.

I returned for dinner last week. I started with the watermelon mojito. Dear LORD, it was good. I could have easily drank two or three of them. Delicious. I followed it with the duck confit spring rolls, which were yummy and served with a kicky sauce. My friend chose the crabcake, and I found myself stealing bites form her plate. (When I return, that will be the first thing I order.)

For an entree, I selected the pasta bolognese. I was surprised to see that they were putting the hearty sauce on angel hair noodles. While the taste was excellent, I am used to seeing bolognese served on a much more robust noodle, such as a penne. At any rate, it was very tasty, and the sauce held a hint of sweetness that I still haven't been able to pin down. I finished with a nice, creamy peach melba that was entirely satisfying. My friend got the cheesecake, infused with some sort of tropical flavor that I can't seem to recall at the moment. (Must be the mojitos. Heh.)

At any rate, I highly recommend this place. Prices are spendy, but the food is made with care and the service is outstanding. I enjoyed both of my visits there, and I'll definitely be returning!

Comments

Audi A4 Turbo said…
I like it because i was seeking for such type of info.
I hope it benefits all one who land up here.
Thanks for sharing!!