Farther afield

Beautiful architectural details at the Saenger
As per usual, I've been trotting hither and yon a bit lately on business. A few things I've been up to while there that I thought worth sharing:

1.) I hadn't been to see a show at the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans in AGES. I made my way there to see the touring production of Waitress, and I loved it! Not only was the show bright, smart, and fun, the space was sumptuous. It was so good to be there again!

2.) A new place that I love for quick bites has opened up in New Orleans, too - Pythian Market Food Hall. Tons of great vendors, lots of variety, reasonable prices, and interesting people. You can't go wrong here!

3.) I had the occasion to be in West Monroe, Louisiana, recently, looking for things to do. A quick internet search revealed Landry Vineyards. On a whim, I popped over there for a quick tasting. It was a great experience! The wines are delicious, and if you purchase a bottle, the tasting is free! The grounds are beautiful as well! I came home with two bottles, plus some wine jam. (I am not even playing around with that stuff, people.) Recommended.

4.) I was in Little Rock on business, and I noticed a new storefront - Rock Town Distillery. You can pop in for a tour or a tasting. I found a low-proof peach moonshine here that was perfect as a summer drink mixer. (Toss a glug of it into a glass of lemonade, throw in some sliced strawberries, and serve with cheese straws. Can't get any more Southern than that!)

Comments