Vacation plans and other terrible ideas

I finalized most of the details for our upcoming trip to Phoenix, Sedona, and the Grand Canyon! Woo-hoo! All of the hotels are booked, the rental car is reserved, and I even booked us a Pink Jeep Tour for Sedona. (Pink Jeep Tours is probably the most prominent tour company in Sedona. I've booked their Broken Arrow Tour, which is supposed to be a best-seller. I'll let you know how it turns out!) I think I'll make a few dinner reservations at swanky restaurants and call it good. (I've had my eye on El Portal in Sedona.)

In Phoenix, we'll stay at the Legacy Golf Resort, which is a full-service resort and golf course right next to South Mountain Park. (I'm hoping to do some early morning hiking in the park.) In Sedona, we'll be staying at Los Abrigados Resort and Spa in a studio suite. This resort is actually fairly centrally located, so I hope it works out as far as atmosphere and cleanliness goes. At the Grand Canyon, we're booked in Yavapai Lodge. It's one of the lodges that is within the park, but not directly on the rim. (We hope to avoid the crowds that way.) Also, the room we booked was recently renovated, so we feel like we'll be getting a great room for the money.

Ok, so I haven't even BEEN on the trip I've already planned, and I've already hatched a terrible, evil idea for what I'd like to do next. Because of my job, I won't be able to vacation again until next fall. That's also around the time that hubby and I think we might want to start our family. Well, wouldn't it be fabulous to do one last, huge, hurrah before I get pregnant and resign myself to the selfless life of motherhood? I haven't made any firm decisions, but this could be big. VERY big. Halfway around the world big. I've been lucky enough to visit most of the places I dreamed about in high school - Paris, London, Ediburgh, Madrid, the Carribbean, Mexico, Hawaii. I even made it back to my father's homeland in Lebanon. I only have one last must-see destination on my list . . .

Next fall would also be just before I turn the big 3-0, so I think that a big adventure would be rather symbolic in other ways. The last jaunt of my twenties. (And perhaps my last jaunt in quite a while. Children have a way of sucking up disposable income.) Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

Not all who wander are lost . . .

Comments