One foot in front of the other.

So much to relate! Last week, I attended the Storyteller's Ball, a new annual fundraising event for the Greater Jackson Arts Council. The evening had a Casablanca theme, and it was held at Jackson's Old Capitol Inn. It was such fun! They had stands of bamboo set up everywhere, a Morroccan buffet, and a big band playing lots of old standards. Elixir had a martini bar set up outside, by the pool, and they also had a silent auction with lots of beautiful items to bid on. It was a wonderful event, and the place was packed! This will definitely become an annual "must" on my calendar.

I also had the opportunity to meet all my cast mates for the upcoming New Stage production "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change." We met to do a mini-rehearsal for the song that we sang at the Bright Lights, Belhaven Nights street fair, put on by the Greater Belhaven Neighborhood Association. We sang one song at the festival, three different times throughout the evening. We were lucky enough to have nice-sized groups come to each little performance, so hopefully they got a good preview of what we'll be doing in Setpember! In between singing, I roamed around outside to see what was on offer. There was a young rock band playing; several booths with original photography, glass, and pottery for sale; and various food carts. It was really nice, and you couldn't walk too far without bumping into someone you knew. It was a wonderful event.

Over the weekend, I logged 6 miles with my ladies' running group. It was one of the best runs I've done with them so far - the morning was cool and cloudy, and we seem to have finally found our pace. Although running was really difficult for me when I started out, it's become one of my favorite things to do for exercise. It's oddly meditative, and you don't need (much) special equipment to do it. You just put on your shoes and go!

Comments