So much going on!

I wish I'd been able to write more lately, but between work and rehearsals, I've found myself short of time.

Rehearsals are going well. We are all coming off book, and we've only been rehearsing about a week. Mississippi Public Broadcasting swung by one of our evening rehearsals last week and taped us singing the closing number. We are also supposed to meet at 5 p.m. today to lay down some audio for a radio commercial. Things are moving very quickly!

We are knee-deep in costume fittings now. Because each of us plays some 15-odd characters, there are lots of costume changes. And they are QUICK. Hopefully, we won't have any problems keeping up!

Things I've been thinking in rehearsals - there are so many opportunities to tie business to music in this show. I hope that I will be able to take advantage of most of them. I've been avoiding listening to the tape/CD of the show, because I didn't want to be haunted by what other performers did with the material. To choreograph some of these little gestures/moves, though, I might either need to re-visit the tape or have the music director make a piano recording for me.

We have a great cast. I am continually impressed with them. I just hope that I don't pale in comparison! Yikes!

Comments