Halloween happenings

What a great week! First, I went to Jacktober on Friday. It's a new street festival in Jackson (this is its first year) featuring bands, beers, and brats. We hung out there during lunch, enjoyed the weather and the music, and then moseyed back to work. (I also bought a Jacktober T-shirt. I love the logo - a stien whose lid looks like the capitol dome. It's designed by a local guy, an art director at an ad agency here.)

On Friday night, hubby and I went to a rockin' Halloween party. I was a flapper; he was a Viking. (The cutest Viking ever. He got second place in the costume contest. And he would have gotten first, too, if that chick hadn't shown up as an oompah loompah. Some people have no shame. ~sigh.~) But it was a seriously fun party. One of my best friends and her husband throw a pretty big shindig for Halloween every year. He is a personal trainer, so they usually have all of these buff people walking around their party, dressed quite convincingly as super-heroes. This year, we had a Super Man, a Wonder Woman, and a Bat Girl. It's enough to make a girl body-conscious. UNLESS you are a girl with a seriously awesome flapper costume, with tons of red fringe, a boa, and fishnet stockings. Even the super-heroes were telling me I looked good. Woo-hoo!

Last night, dinner (and way too much of it) at Nagoya. I'm becoming a huge dumpling fan - pork, beef, chicken, veal - almost to my own detriment. I must learn how to control this obsession. Fabulous edamame and shrimp tempura as well. I went with some of the cast members from New Stage's production of The Crucible. (I actually horned in on their dinner. Well, I can be like that sometimes.) But I did find them to be lovely people with some incredible over-dinner stories to tell.

Tonight - handing out candy by the boatload to any trick or treater that darkens my door. The cats are totally freaked out. (It's their first Halloween, so they are not used to such excitement!) They are alternately running around wildly and hiding, mouse-like, between the stuffed chair and the ottoman. Poor dears. I feel like telling them, "It could be worse. I could have dressed both of you in costumes." Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Comments