A slow, steady drip

For the past couple of days, the City of Jackson has been having a water pressure and potability problem due to widespread line breaks in the city water system. See, we had this freeze that lasted more than 70 hours. Not only did the water in the pipes freeze, but the Yazoo clay that surrounded the pipes did a fair amount of expanding and contracting due to the fluctuation in temperatures. What does that mean? No water for Jackson.

I'm lucky that I don't live there, so at least I have water for drinking, bathing, and other necessities at home. I do, however, work there. I couldn't care less about the coffee, but a girl does need to visit the restroom from time to time, kwim?

My office has allowed us to telecommute if need be, but I've had to be at my desk to do some things over the past couple of days. I've been managing by going out to lunch OUTSIDE the city limits, where I can enjoy a meal and use the facilities, then returning to the office and making do until at least 2:30 p.m. or so, when I either have to break down and use the portapotty (you read that right) or head home and telecommute for the rest of the day. So far, it's working for me.

Is it February yet?

Comments