Taking down the tinsel . . .

Well, today, we had our last Christmas celebration. I now officially will not be toasting Christmas again until December 2010.

Hubs' mom came and picked little man up yesterday for a sleepover. Brian and I had no idea what to do with ourselves at first. I cleaned up the house, did alot of laundry and watched some TV before realizing that we were completely free to go out to dinner and a movie. We supped leisurely together at Little Tokyo. (Remember my love of steamed dumplings? Their edamame and that chicken broth soup they serve is also wonderful, and the hot tea really hit the spot.) Then, we headed over the to Madison movie theatre to see Avatar in 3D (a full review later).

Then, after SLEEPING IN this morning (Praise Jesus.), we loaded up the car and headed over to our final Christmas celebration. We had a delicious pork loin roast, green bean casserole, creamed corn, dressing, deviled eggs, and then homemade banana pudding and peanut butter krispies for dessert. OMG. So, sooooo good. I ate a ton. I'm full, very full, and I may just have a little cheese and cracker for dinner.

We enjoyed our meal, exchanged gifts and somehow managed to avoid full toddler meltdown (because just WHO do you think had been skipping naps? Oh, yes.) before it was time to go home. I said a silent prayer that booger would nap when we got home, but it was not to be. We've all been grimly awake (despite reallyreally needing one, final holiday nap) all afternoon.

Now, booger is in the bath (getting ready for an early bedtime), and I'm propping my eyelids open with a couple of toothpicks.

So, at last, I can say to you all that it's been a truly wonderful holiday season. And I'm quite ready to eat nothing but fresh fruits and veggies for the next month. Oooof!

Comments