Spring!!






















Remember those daffodils Clay and I planted Thanksgiving weekend? They're starting to bloom! And some of them have the prettiest double flowers! I've posted a pic of them above. The daffs out by the mailbox are putting on a nice little show, too!

Also, the Japanese magnolia I planted last fall is budding with some beautiful, deep pink flowers. Gorgeous!

Some of the mums I had in pots last fall are still alive, so I'm going to plant a bed of them, interspersed with lantanas and lined with lilies. Hoping all that works together. The only thing I'm unsure of is the lilies. I bought a mixed bag, so some of them might prefer more shade than what I have in that area.

My only other big planting plans this spring are to re-plant all my patio pots with red geraniums (My, how I love a red geranium!) and fix up the front porch hanging baskets and big stone pots by the door.

Today, the weather was absolutely HEAVENLY! We had such fun being outside this evening! If it holds out tomorrow morning, we'll be off the the St. Paddy's Day Parade! Here's hoping!

Comments