Local eats

Finally had the chance to swing by Mimi's Family and Friends in Fondren last week. I'd been hearing good things about it, so I decided to treat one of our sweet (and talented) contractors to lunch there.

The cafe is in a fun, funky space right near Butterfly Yoga on State Street. Original art hangs on the walls, and seating is provided by an eclectic mix of cafe tables and patio furniture. Both I and my companion chose the lunch special - a delightfully gooey chicken enchilada, served with black beans and a peppy tomatillo salsa.

Service is quick and friendly, prices are very reasonable, and the cafe also offers a selection of sweet treats to finish off the meal - everything from cookies to cupcakes to pastries.

I will definitely be returning there to sample more lunch fare, and I hear they serve a great breakfast, too! Drop by if you get the chance!

Comments