Out and about

We've been busy lately!

Last weekend, my husband's boss was being honored the by local Goodwill chapter for her volunteer work. We turned up on Thursday night at the Jackson Country Club to celebrate her giving spirit and enjoy a delicious dinner. The Jackson Country Club really is a gracious space, with rooms that flow into one another and a roomy banquet hall. The food and service has been wonderful for every event I've ever attended there. Plus, you usually see lots of people you know at these types of events, which is always fun! I left the function that night determined to do more volunteering and more informed about some opportunities that would be a good fit for me!

Saturday night found me at the Old Capitol Inn for "Dance with the Stars," a benefit for the Mississippi Opera. I happened to know a few of the stars dancing, which made the evening all the more fun! Firstly, the event planning was flawless. There were plenty of people there, but the space wasn't too crowded. (The event was a total sell-out.) We enjoyed dinner (delicious hot food, as well as sushi - YUM!), drinks and fun entertainment, all the while raising money for a great cause. Plus, live music by the Capital City Band - old, big band standards, with some great vocals.

On Sunday, hubs and I attended the Chocolate Ball at the University Club. The event was a fundraiser for The Ronald McDonald House, which provides lodging and food for families near major children's medical centers. More delicious food, drinks and an incredible chocolate buffet. (And I finally got to try some of Gigi's cupcakes! Divine!) But that was not the highlight of the evening. Not only did I get to meet Ronald McDonald, but WE DANCED. You read that right. I danced with Ronald McDonald. I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that it was one of the highlights of my year! Now, to track down those photos everyone was snapping . . . !

Last Friday night, I turned out at the Mississippi Braves game. Me and a bunch of work buddies took the place over for an employee appreciation night. I got great pics and video footage, and I think a good time was had by all. Once the sun went down, a nice breeze picked up. It was positively lovely out there! Plus, one of our employees sang the national anthem, and another group of my work peeps led the stadium in "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at the 7th inning stretch. Fun, fun, fun!

Here's to more adventures!

Comments