On the trail . . .

I recently finished reading Searching for God Knows What, by Donald Miller. I'd read his Blue Like Jazz a while back and loved it, so I'd been meaning to get back around to him.

I really like this book. I really like Miller, actually. I like it that he seems to think about his faith himself, rather than letting others tell him what God wants for him. In this book, Miller dwells on the human relationship with God, and he draws some parallels and some conclusions that I'd never thought of before. He quite accurately paints ways in which our organized faith might have gone a bit wayward, but he appears to do it without malice. There are lots of historical references, tidbits of quotes and songs, and parables in here, and the book reads easily, as if one were talking these things over with a good friend.

I recommend both this book and Blue Like Jazz if you are interested in thinking more about the nature of faith and love.

Comments