Roper Romp!

A few of my gorgeous Mrs. Ropers!


A few years ago, I took note of the Roper Romp trend, in which a bunch of ladies dress up like Mrs. Roper from the 70s sitcom Three's Company and hit the town. It's everything I love - wacky costumes, pop culture, cocktails, and general craziness. Once the weather warmed up in the spring, I pitched the idea to my friends, and a group of about six adventurous ladies bit. 

We all got our costumes together, I created a late 70s soundtrack (because you knew I would), and we decided to start off our evening with cocktails at The Pearl. (It's a local tiki bar, and the vibe and decor were definitely on point for our theme.)


The caftan was strong with our group!



When I tell you the screaming and laughing and hugging and hollering that we did as each lady walked in wearing her costume! Jennifer BROUGHT IT with an amazing pair of bejeweled cat-eye glasses. The staff at The Pearl was LOVING us and keeping the drinks coming. (The bartender literally made Shawn repeat her order - a drink called the Pirate's Booty - several times, just to make her say "booty" over and over and over. It. Was. A. HOOT!)

Once we were warmed up, we walked from The Pearl to Saltine for dinner, our soundtrack blaring. (Of course I'd hunted up the Three's Company theme song, but I also had hits like Boogie Man, Rich Girl, I will Survive, Hot Stuff, and The Hustle.) Patrice was strutting. It was completely working for her.

When we got there, other patrons waiting to be seated danced with us in the foyer, and once we settled in at our table, folks kept coming up to us to compliment our outfits and try to wrangle an invite to the next Roper Romp. We had a fantastic dinner at Saltine (and even split a few desserts) before calling it a night!

I am so, so lucky that I have a group of friends who are willing to do all this crazy stuff I come up with. They make my life so full and happy and joyful. I am one lucky Mrs. Roper!

A ginger at heart! HA!


Comments