Will Run for Food

Finishers! 


For a few years now, I've been going to the annual Farm to Fork Run, Ride, Crit, held in Hattiesburg each spring. The event benefits a local charity, Extra Table, which feeds hungry Mississippians. Though there are tons of taxing ways you can participate, I just walk the 5K and then throw down at the after party.

This year, my sister Laura and I participated together. We drove down the night before and stayed at the lovely Hotel Indigo, which is super-comfy and well-located for the event. For dinner, we opted for juicy steaks at Patio 44





You'll find all kinds of fun stuff on the 5K route - giant chickens, hecklers, folks riding retro bicycles, free food and drinks. (I mean, this is my kind of "run.")

And then the after party is a great time - food (They always have a giant roast pig, roasted corn, gorgeous fresh watermelon, and other fantastic goodies), live music, swag, photo booths, beer and/or vodka, a giant finisher's medal, axe throwing, and general fabulousness. 

Once we'd had our fill, Laura and popped back to the hotel to clean up, and then we hit The Lucky Rabbit. this giant, booth-based shopping experience features over-the-top displays and tons of cool new and used merchandise. (You'll love the Pyrex bus! And the secret movie theatre!) 

Since my last visit, they'd expanded into the building next door, creating a green space between the two buildings full of seating,  lawn games, and food trucks! (They had a truck selling gourmet popsicles. I got the Oreo Cheesecake!) I took the opportunity to browse their vintage glass, and what did I find but a few pedestal dishes/glasses for my fruit cups! Elevated living, here I come!

If you've never participated in this race, put it on your calendar for next year! It's a good one!


Treats at Lucky Rabbit!


Comments