Music for . . . children?

When I learned I was pregnant with Clay, I became very interested in children's media. I went on Amazon and ebay to track down alot of the books I read as a child, and I've also been lucky enough to discover some new artists and musicians for the little booger to enjoy. Two of my most treasured discoveries have been the music of Elizabeth Mitchell, who has recorded versions of many classic children's folk songs, and Renee and Jeremy, who recently put out a CD of low-key children's songs.

I love Mitchell's You Are My Little Bird (Clay especially likes "Who's My Pretty Baby?" "Little Bird, Little Bird" and "Little Liza Jane.") and You Are My Flower (We both LOVE "John the Rabbit," "Little Sack of Sugar," and "Freight Train."). We also have You Are My Sunshine, but it's our least favorite Mitchell CD so far. (We bought this one because my grandfather used to sing "Crawdad Hole" to me when I was little, and I was thrilled to have a recording of it.)

Renee and Jeremy released It's a Big World in April, and I found them quite by accident on MySpace. We have sooooo enjoyed this CD; Clay likes almost every song. The lullabies are very sweet and simple, and they are easy to learn. Now that I know them by heart, I often use them myself to sing little bit to sleep. I highly recommend this CD.

I think all the music referenced above is just as enjoyable for adults as it is for children. I have really loved listening to the CDs. You can buy all of these albums on Amazon. Enjoy!

Comments