It's here! It's here!

Fall has finally arrived!! Woo to the hoo! Last weekend, hubs, Clay and I went Halloween costume shopping. This will be Clay's first year to trick or treat. (Last year, we dressed up, but we didn't go door to door. We just stayed home and opened the door for other trick or treaters.) This year, we're going dressed as Princess Leia, Han Solo and Yoda. Might I say that we look pretty sharp in our costumes? I will be sure to post photos of the big night!

I decorated the house for fall, too! I've got my garland above the door, my fall wreaths hung in the den and I even bought some pumpkins for the front porch. (I will likely buy more before the end of the season. I always jump the gun! By the time Thanksgiving gets here, I need to replace them!)

Clay and I baked pumpkin bread tonight, and I've already made pumpkin butter! (I need to get some cinnamon raisin bread to spread that stuff on. Making a mental grocery list . . . ) Tomorrow, if the rain holds off, our little family is going out to Nichols Boyd Farm to choose our jack o'lantern pumpkin! We went there for the first time last year, and it was really fun! They have a hay bale maze, big fields full of pumpkins, and lots of fun little places where you can take great pictures. (If your kid cooperates. Which mine won't.) I'm hoping that we'll have a good time tomorrow, and that the weather is decent.

We'll probably carve our pumpkin (I miraculously found our carving kit and design booklet from last year, stuffed in the kitchen junk drawer) and make spiced pumpkin seeds (which are sooooo good) on Sunday.

Comments