Back on the pavement and other minutia

I did a delicious three miles yesterday after I got home from work. The air was cool and breezy, and the sky was clear and sunny. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to run it, but I guess all that singing and dancing in the show has kept me in shape while I've been neglecting the asphalt. (I lost about 5 pounds during the rehearsal and run.) But it was absolutely beautiful, and I finished my stretches facing the water at the boat slip before walking the last tenth of a mile or so home. There's not much better than watching the sun set over the water while stretching after a good three miles. With great music on the MP3 player. Fabulous.

After that? Well, I spent some quality time with my sweet hubby, actually watched a little television, and started on the mountain of laundry that has accumulated over the past two weeks. (Where do all these towels come from?) It's actually very satisfying, though, to start attacking projects that have been nagging at me while I've been busy at the theatre. I've already got a few things lined up for tonight, and this weekend is booked solid.

Gail Pittman spoke to our Public Relations Association of Mississippi group today, and she was wonderful - warm, bright, entertaining, and also a great Mississippi success story. I didn't realize how big her company actually was until she explained it to us. She's done so many corporate projects for hotels and resorts, in addition to marketing her merchandise online and in specialty shops. She's created pieces for celebrities such as Gene Hackman, and she once helped Katie Couric design her kitchen. It's very impressive. Her advice to us? She talked alot about positioning yourself to say "yes" to opportunity when it knocks, and also about being flexible in business. She also does alot of charity work, which I really admire.

Comments