Sundry tidbits.

For the past several days, it has been heaven here in Jackson. Cool-ish, sunny, beautiful. On those days, I like to walk around downtown a little bit at lunch as I weigh my dining options. Up and down Capitol Street, people are bustling, and the "bells" at St. Andrews are ringing. It makes one glad to be alive.

I do feel acutely aware of being alive lately. I don't know if it's all the change swirling around in my life (I start a new job in a couple of weeks, and the show is about to wrap.), or if I feel my place in the universe more now than I have before, or what. But I do feel a sense of ripe possibility. It's a little scary but also thrilling.

Oh, on another note, I have to take a drug test for my new job. I have to wonder whether my new employers realize the futility of such an endeavor. What a waste of time and effort. They clearly have no idea who they are dealing with. Anyway, come Monday morning, I will be giving blood samples and what not so they can confirm that I'm not on crack or . . . whatever.

Oooh, one other thing - Brian and I found some great patio furniture! Woo-hoo! I can be a bit picky about stuff like that, so I was really glad to find something I loved that was reasonbly priced. Check out the pic at left. NICE, huh? It will be delivered to the house today. YAY!

And, after the show closes on Sunday, I can PLANT! I have a $200 gift card to Home Depot that is absolutely burning a hole in my pocket. My plan is to plant the two beds I've already prepared in the front yard and then maybe add a few things to the foundation beds that are already existing. I have so missed my garden since we've been in the new house, but it's been murder to try and find the time to put a garden in while finishing up grad school, putting together big work projects, and now performing in a show. But, my time IS coming!

I love fall.

Comments