Hitting our stride.

Ok, so we've been performing every night since Tuesday, and I'm beginning to actually feel like I belong up there on stage again. I have had so many people call me to tell me how much they enjoyed the show, folks that I didn't even know were planning to come, so we must be doing something right. (AND I have been lucky enough to make all my quick changes successfully, so no free peep shows thus far! Woo-hoo!)

Last night, I didn't feel ready to go home right after the performance, so a couple of friends and I went out. We started off with Ice Picks at Elixir. (You can either get an Ice Pick or the Mississippi Martini; they're basically the same. The Ice Pick, though, is served in a tall rocks glass, which I prefer.) The sweet bartender there had come to the show the night before, and he came by our table to tell us that he'd really loved it. (I so wanted a nice, thick steak, but, alas, the kitchen was already closed. Note to Elixir owner - have small plates that can be ordered after the kitchen is closed. At least a few slices of cheese, some bread, and a couple of grapes, for God's sake! Would it KILL you?)

After we'd hung out there a while (and gotten talked up by a man WAY too old to be hitting on us - ahem, he was bald. and the hair that he did have was gray. WHAT was he thinking?), we headed over to Fenian's. I hadn't been there in AGES. When I was a student at Millsaps, I spent alot of time there, but I've hardly stepped inside in about 5 years! It was a bit of a comfort to know that it hadn't changed much. I hung out there for a while before moseying home around one-ish to my sweet husband. (Who always waits up! What a doll!)

Comments