Yahoo!

Well, we had our preview audience for the show last night, and I think they really enjoyed the production! (We were at about half-house.) They laughed a TON, and they clapped alot during scenes and at the ends of all the songs. Yay!

Tonight is officially opening night, so we should have even more folks out there. (If the weather doesn't turn too nasty.) It's begun! Whoopee!

Oh, on Monday night, Brian and I began The New Blind Project. Here's the thing: every window in our house has cheap little venetian mini-blinds on it. The kind that you can get at Home Depot for like $5. So naturally, I had a desire to upgrade at least some of the blinds. Well, easier said than done. Our windows in the great room are not exactly standard-sized, so it took me a good long while to even find pre-made blinds that would fit them. (NO WAY was I paying literal hundreds of dollars to have blinds custom-made. Geez! It's even more of a racket than having things custom-framed!) So, I finally found some pre-made blinds that I liked at Linens N Things. Only one problem: there were only two of them left, and they looked as though they had both been opened and returned. With a little trepidation, I took them to the front. As I was checking out, I asked the LNT employee about the containers. I told her that it looked as though they'd been returned, and I wanted to make sure that all the pieces were still inside. I was assured that the tops sometimes pop off these containers, but that all merchandise is checked to make sure it's complete before it's shelved.

Ha ha. I toted the blinds home, only to find that not a single scrap of hardware was in either box. Back to the store it went. I was informed upon returning the merchandise that, since these blinds were being discontinued, they did not have any more of them on the premises. Sooo, I momentarily resigned myself to the cheap mini-blinds once again.

But last week, I realized (duh.) that Linens N Things has a website, where I found the blinds! (Ta da!!) So, I ordered them, and they were shipped to the house. Hubby and I had to do a ltitle wrestling (not that kind) to get them into place, but now they look WONDERFUL!! And the Bradshaws, working together, triumph once again!!!

Now, onto the bedroom windows. Sigh.

Comments