How lovely to be a woman . . .

In anticipation of our beach vacation, I got a manicure and a pedicure today. More than an hour of sitting on my duff in a massage chair while people rubbed my skin with scented lotion, dipped my hands in a paraffin wax, and tinted my nails a rosy shade of pink. Ahhhhhhh. I feel like a pretty pretty princess! Let's hope the results, which I think are quite nice, hold up to a week of sand, surf, and sun.

As I have been packing for our little trip, which will be baby's first vacation, I've come to a realization. The days of throwing a pair of panties in a bag and hitting the road are over. Traveling with a baby is like being a turtle. It takes forever to get anywhere, and you have to take your whole house with you. Already, the list includes the pack and play (to sleep in), a stroller, a blanket to play on, toys, bottles and formula, snack food, bibs, the crib toy (which he LOVES), floppy hats, tons of sunscreen, outlet covers, a floatie for the pool, the list goes on (and on and on and on). I think we will leave some of it at home and buy it on site. Eeesh.

At any rate, I'll be out for a while, so no blogging until closer to the end of the month. In the meantime, enjoy your summer!

Comments

Deanna said…
While you are packing just don't forget your camera. Those first beach photos are just so sweet! Have a great trip!