Rib cage slide for 4, hip thrust for 6 . . .

Last night, we held our class recital for the bellydancing course I've been taking at Millsaps. Curtain was a 7 p.m. at Hal and Mal's. Eeeek!

I was pretty darn impressed with myself for remembering all the shimmies, figure eights, and shoulder dips. Not too shabby for someone with two left feet! It was actually really fun! A few people I knew were there. (Through absolutely no effort of my own. I, fearing I'd be mortified, didn't invite ANYBODY.) But it was cool, because after the performance was over, we got to stay and chat over drinks and dinner. (While all the guys in the bar sidled up to us to ask why we were wearing jewels on our foreheads and tons of gold jewelry. To which I replied something to the effect of, "The performance was invitation ONLY!!")

Anyhoo, I ended up really liking the class, and I may even take it again! As Janice Jordan (our instructor) said, "If you think you're a bellydancer, you ARE a bellydancer." Gotta love that Janice . . .

P.S. I also personally think that our bellydancing routine could be performed quite successfully to Outkast's "Hey Ya." I will be privately experimenting with this and reporting on the results.

Comments

What, no pics? Stacey had pics ...
Sounds like like fun!
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Hmmm, regarding the pics - some of us are more confident in full bellydancing regalia than others . . .