Wonderfuller and wonderfuller!

As a first-time mom, I MUST recap my glorious first Mother's Day weekend! On Saturday, hubby took excellent care of little man while I went out shopping for THREE UNINTERRUPTED HOURS. I type that in all caps so that you truly understand what a luxury that was. I picked up some fun, beachy clothing, poked my head into some shops I'd been meaning to check out, shopped for swimsuits (unsuccessfully. ~sigh.~), and just did some general browsing. It was nearly cathartic.

That night, after I put booger to sleep, hubby served me a delicious dinner that he cooked himself - Caesar salads with garlic bread, steaks with asparagus and creamed potatoes, and strawberry shortcakes for dessert. YUM!

On Sunday, I found two Mother's Day cards on my breakfast table setting, one from hubby and one from the baby. So sweet. I will keep those forever. They are already in my hope chest.

LASTLY, my official present was funding for a Home Depot garden run! Woo to the hoo! I'm buying an arbor to replace the one that got ruined in the spring storms. I've already picked it out. I just have to get myself over there at some point to load it up.

And on top of all of this, sweet hubby sent me a dozen red roses for our recent wedding anniversary. (I immediately put them in the bedroom so the kitties wouldn't eat them for lunch. They are lovely, lovely.)

Shucks. How did I get so lucky?

Comments