Gettin' my shimmy on . . .

A while back, I took a bellydancing class. We met for six weeks, we had our little recital, and that was that. Right? Not so fast.

A few weeks ago, I got a call from the instructor. It seems that a national news program was profiling one of the members of our class for a special on Mississippians who were committed to getting fit. Anyhoo, they wanted to send a film crew from Los Angeles down to Hal and Mal's, where they wanted us to re-create our class recital so they could film it for use in the program.

Meaning that my undulating mid-section would be flashing briefly across the screens of innocent viewers nationwide. Aaack. Tuesday night found me at Hal and Mal's in my bellydancing regalia, such as it is. (Most of our class members have full bellydancing costumes. I think I was the only one there in a black sleevless top, some black slacks, and a veil!)

Needless to say, I showed up early to get a few drinks in me before the film crew got there. They packed the audience with not only invited guests, but random barflies, who hollered and hooted for us during the MANY MANY times we did the routine. (We had to keep doing it over and over so the crew could film it from different camera angles.)

But it was fun, and April (the woman being profiled) looked GREAT! Since I got blasted for no bellydancing pics last time, I thought I'd include one from this second performance. Don't we look cute?! (Incidentally, I can't believe that I'M the tall one in this photo! I'm NEVER the tall one. Nev. Er.)

Comments

Stacey said…
I really hate that I missed it. I hope I can see the special
HEATHER said…
Sounds fun!
Webmaster said…
That's awesome, Nicole. Hope you TiVo it. :)
Nicole Bradshaw said…
I will try to TiVo it, if I can remember when it comes on! (Sometime in September, I think . . . ?)
Style Expert said…
Let me know when it comes on. Would love to see it!