A new word

Reading Karr's The Liar's Club, I came across a word that I had never heard, but which I am now determined to incorporate into my general vocabulary. "Horking" is a word that Karr uses for vomiting, and though I didn't find it my Merriam-Webster's, I'm telling myself it's just a bureaucratic oversight.

Not only does "horking" have wonderful onomatopoeia, I personally think it could be applied to many different actions.
To wit:
I have been coughing all day. I nearly horked up my lung this morning.
They horked down those burgers as if they hadn't eated in a week.
Her casserole stank like a pile of fresh hork.
I drank too much last night, but I felt better after a good hork.

I mean, where has this word been all my life?! Expect to see more of the word "hork" in forthcoming posts!

Comments

Stacey said…
You never watched Ren and Stimpy, did you?
Webmaster said…
I've actually heard this one used, but it was pronounced more like "hark" or "hawk." Horking. Heh.
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Stace - no, I was never a Ren and Stimpy fan. Not my kind of entertainment.