Caffeine

You know how I kinda wilted at pool night last week? Well, this week, I was determined to keep my energy up. How did I go about this, you ask? I downed two cans of Coke in quick succession.

Now, for most people, this would be no big deal. But I don't really drink many caffeinated drinks, and certainly not at night. I was bouncing off the walls. I think you could have hooked a generator up to me and powered a small town. Or maybe even the western grid of a large city.

Looking back on it in the sobering light of morning, I'm thinking two cans might have been overkill. My stomach was kinda hurting on the way home. AND I had a little trouble sleeping. (Yes, I am at the advanced age now that caffeine in the evenings interferes with my precious sleep.) I think I'll try one and a half cans next week to see if I get more pleasing results.

And I'm steering clear of the Red Bull. Sheesh.

Comments

Brogan said…
You played pretty damn good last night. I think needs week we're going to shoot you full of Red Bull and cotton candy.I'm sure if we get you completely hoppped up on we'll see some nasty come out in you.
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Pretty damn good? For me, I guess. I'm just really glad that my teammates are gracious.

As for being trash-talking, that's not my MO, especially when I play as badly as I do!
Miss Lippy said…
In college I could bong coffee until 4 in the morning to write a paper, and immediately fall asleep afterward. Now if I eat a handful of M&Ms I'm up til 3. This sucks.
Sandi said…
See ... I knew you'd get the hang of it. Your handicap is going to change before too long.

Just don't start dipping.
Nicole Bradshaw said…
Dipping - YUK.