Miseltoe Mischief!

I KNOW I am late posting re: Miseltoe this year, but I have been SO BUSY.

First of all, a shout-out to all the sponsors of the new "Sit, Eat, and Be Pretty" luncheon this year - it was an awesome event. Lunch was catered by Bon Ami, and it was fabulous. Baptist Health Systems kicked in as a sponsor, providing an actually useful goody bag (a travel kit containing great soap, lotion, shampoo/conditioner, a travel razor, and all the other small toiletries you'll need on the road). And of course, the trusty Clarion-Ledger was also a sponsor. (YAY!)

When I first heard that Deanna Favre (Brett's wife, and a breast cancer survivor) was going to speak at this event, I have to admit that my expectations were not super-high. But people, she is amazing. She gave a great presentation/speech. I was riveted. The woman has a story. If you have the opportunity to hear her speak, don't pass it up. It was inspirational.

This morning, I stopped in to help man Miseltoe's Clarion-Ledger booth (as a faithful Moms Squad member) and get my shop on. The place was covered up with people, but I browsed and came away with some great purchases.

And now, a word. Because I broke down and FINALLY installed Statcounter on this blog, I can now see what browser searches are leading people here. And in the past year, ALOT of you have been looking for Cowboy Country Amaretto Pecan Honey Butter. Like, ALOT. Allow me to say that I have tried the product. And I love it. It instantly improves nearly any carbohydrate you slather it on. Plus, I have never seen it available locally. I wait for Miseltoe, buy a few jars, and pray that they last me until April. (Last year, I bought two jars for $15. This year, the price had gone up - two jars for $20. Who cares? When I am buying something this good, I'm not going to quibble over $5. Just take my money, hand over the butter, and no one gets hurt.)

This year, I asked the two guys selling the stuff if they had a Web site. They don't. And they've told me that they are not planning to create one. So here's the best I can do - the butter is made and sold by a guy named Wilbur Aylor, and the label says they are located in Cherokee, Texas. After Miseltoe in Jackson, their next show (this year, anyway) is in Houston, Texas. So, for those lucky enough to live in the Houston area, BUY SOME BUTTER. You will not regret it.

And for those of us either a.) unfortunate enough to not live in Houston or b.) unlucky enough to have not bought the butter during Miseltoe here in Jackson, I can only tell you to scour the Internet for Mr. Aylor's contact information, give him a ring, and beg him to be kind enough to ship you some of this stuff.

For some things, it's worth going the extra mile.

Comments

arr-jay said…
Aw - I miss Mistletoe! Even though I worked my tail off with JLJ preparing for, working at, and tearing down that event.... ;-) I guess it's easier to overlook the un-fun parts in hindsight.

SOOO glad you enjoyed! And that butter sounds yum.