My Valentine

Hubs and I started dating when I was a senior in high school. One of our first dates was the Sadie Hawkins dance. Hubs was also my date to my senior prom.

That year, I wore a Jessica Rabbit dress. It was red, red, red, with spaghetti straps and a sweetheart neckline. It was floor-length, but it had a racy slit up one side. I will never forget the look on hubs' face (and the little gasp he made) when I opened the front door that night. I felt like the most beautiful girl in the world.

For Valentine's Day, we talked my mom into keeping booger for the evening and made reservations for a swanky dinner at Atlantica. (For several years now, we've mostly forgone Valentine's Day gifts in lieu of doing something together. We usually go out for a nice dinner, though we have done a few weekends away - Vicksburg, Natchez, the coast, etc. Since the baby came, I have been an even stronger proponent of the "alone time" idea. We've pretty much siezed every opportunity possible to let someone else do diaper duty while we laugh over a glass or two of wine somewhere.)

Anyway, I strictly forbade Brian from entering the master bedroom last night when I was dolling up in my latest red dress. He was exceedingly complimentary when I made my entrance!

We headed to the restaurant, and the meal was wonderful - crabcakes, a creamy bisque, duck with wild rice, chocolate mousse, washed down with red wine, coffee, and champagne. Yummmmm. Hubs made a few similar choices, but he had the filet with garlic mash (of course) and bananas Foster bread pudding for dessert. I hadn't been to Atlantica since just before it opened, and it's a shame! I will have to start going back.

And the sexy, red, low-cut dress? Considering how well it was received, I think it was worth every penny I paid for it. It's nice for a lady to be able to stop traffic a bit when she needs to, no?

Comments

SWC said…
Ah the Jessica Rabbit Dress... gotta love that dress and my body when Jessica Rabbit was not an old hare like she is now.

Glad you had a chance to work it in a new sexy number. As we used to say back in the 1980's, you go girl....

Thanks for coming by my blog.
Editor said…
hi,
I am Rex howell at Deer Camp Blog and am trying to get a blog meet up at our camp in June and I hope you will be interested in coming or at least visiting.
I also want the Mississippi bloggers to have a badge for our sites, if I can find someone to put it together.
Please come visit.
Rex
http://bodocktimes.blogspot.com/
Sandi said…
It does sound like it was worth it. Happy (belated) Valentine's to you and Brian!